Raven's Green



Tuesday 17 April 2012

Springing forward

I drift in and out of creativity.  I spent many, many hours in my 20s writing poetry and making art, jewellery, customising my clothes.  In my 30s, happily partnered, I worked full weeks and tried to write.  In my 40s, we adopted, my Dad died, I went back to university and sometimes I worked in my art journal.  To be fair, there was a period in my late 30s when I discovered online communities and art journalled quite a bit.  But by 40, I had run out of steam and it seemed, creativity.

I'm 50 now, and it's time - time to rediscover my creativity, time to give myself permission to be who I think I am, time to make/take the time to be creative. 

I have an idea for a children's book, a novel, a shoe company, paintings, so many projects.  But right now, they're just ideas, with no physical forms, not even notes.......

It's time for me to stop sitting mindless in front of the TV.  It's time for there to be a purpose to the journal and art supplies I carry around.  It's time for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment