Raven's Green



Wednesday 18 April 2012

favourite songs

Since I'm 50, I've been thinking about favourite lists and whether I should come up with my top 50s.

I think I'll give it a shot.   So here are my 50 favourite songs.  Well that was my intention but it was hard to narrow some down so here's my 50 (or there abouts) favourite songs.  I realised finishing this list, that these are the songs I like to sing in the car.  Maybe there needs to be another list for songs I like to listen to. :)

1 blue monday, Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
2 Imagine - John Lennon
3 What's Goin' On - Marvin Gaye
4 Brickhouse - Commodores
5 Everyday is like Halloween - Ministry
6 Don't Go - Yaz
7 Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity/Mars, Bringer of War (from The Planets) - Holst
8 Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat
9 Heroes, Modern love, anything really - david bowie
10 Hallelujah and Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
11 Light My Fire - The Doors (or just about anything, really)
12  Constant Craving - k d lang
13 Sledgehammer, Book of Love and In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
14 There Goes a Tenner and Cloud Busting - Kate Bush
15 I Walk the Line (or just about anything by Johnny Cash)
16 Boil the Breakfast Early - The Chieftains (or any really)
17 The message - grandmaster flash & the furious five
18 Love Removal Machine - The Cult
19  Burning Down the House and Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads and Once In a Lifetime - Clannad
20 Anarchy in the U.K - The Sex Pistols
21One Step Beyond/Night Boat to Cairo - Madness
22 Whip It - Devo
23 Mexican Radio - Wall of Voodoo
24 Scatterlings of Africa - Johnny Clegg and Savuka
25 Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club
26 Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
27 One - Metallica
28 Baba O'Reilly - The Who
29 Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force
30 Cryin' - Roy Orbison (and the version with kd lang)
31 Everyday I Write the Book - Elvis Costello
32 Just Like Honey - Jesus & Mary Chain
33 So. Central Rain and It's the End of the World as We Know It - R.E.M.
34 Superstition by Stevie Wonder and Karma Superstition by Alicia Keys
35 Here Comes the Rain Again - Eurythmics
36 Under the Milky Way - The Church
37 Save it for Later - English Beat
38 Ant Music - Adam Ant
39  Danny Boy - just about any version
40 Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream) - Icicle Works
41 The Promise - When in Rome
42 Bella Legosi's Dead - Bauhaus
43 Indigo Eyes - Peter Murphy
44 Love will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
45 The Art of Parties and Visions of China - Japan
46 Moon Dance, Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
47 Lips Like Sugar - Echo & the Bunnymen
48 Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
49 I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline
50 Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground

No comments:

Post a Comment