Raven's Green



Tuesday 29 May 2012

grow where you're planted

I'm trying to remember this and really grow.

I've adopted a plant that was abandoned on a filing cabinet near my desk.  It's a sign that I'm here and present and taking root.

There are no guarantees that I'll have a job at the end of June, or with all the changes coming at the end of 2013 or 2014.  I'm looking for a new job and gathering all the experience I can from this place. 

I'm painting and making art again.  I'm making tags and an envelope journal.  I 'm reading and listening to music and remembering who I was and who I am and who I will be.

I must admit that I still feel some resentment about the union and the strike vote and the general disarray of this place but...... it's not disarray that I want to own so the only option is to live and be happy and move forward.

I made a piece of art from an IKEA print I found in the garbage here and some pages from a discarded Avon catalogue.  I love it.  It's so me in this place where I can't always feel like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment