Raven's Green



Friday 30 March 2012

Observation

I'm in Toronto, or there abouts, and we've just said good-bye to the winter that never was.
Last week we had summer-like temperatures and I had the windows open.  I don't usually get to that for more than a few minutes until May.  Last week I opened the windows when I got home from work and closed them when I left again the next morning.

I'm trying to embrace my environment, observe the world around me.  I must admit that I feel like I've missed something this year.  I usually watch the tiny, hopeful shoots of my bleeding heart, bravely poke their heads out about this time of year.  I looked today and there's six inches of leaf proudly standing up.  It's weird.

I promised myself that I'd observe the world more than ever this year, to truly be present as I pass this milestone.  I feel like I've already fallen behind and I haven't even started.

Time to pull out the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment