Raven's Green



Wednesday 27 September 2017

Guess what?!

Hello, blog.  It's been a while.....
2013 kicked my ass.  My brother and my father-in-law died within a month of each other, my daughter sort of imploded and I..... got lost.

2014 was okay.  I liked working as an employment counselor and I got a bit creative.

2015 started out okay, but the City can't leave anyone alone and I ended up back on a caseload, aggravated my carpal tunnel, had surgery and then just quit....

2016 needed me to be free to do many things, including supporting my partner while she transitioned out of her job and we moved her Mom into a seniors residence, as well as care for my Mom when she got diagnosed with throat cancer and died 2 months later.  Bonnie and I taught ourselves to make books and spent some time learning how to make glass beads.

2017 brought my daughter's high school graduation and the realisation that we don't want to stay where we are so we decided to move to another city and start all over again.

I have goals for 2018.  Learn to play the clarinet and the bodhran; finally study all the Druidry stuff on my bookshelves; do more yoga and just plain LIVE.

I'll take you along this journey because I need some accountability.  Even if you're not out there hanging on my every word.  I'll keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment